1. Pay to "Boost your Post" - yes, you can PAY Facebook to show your post to more of your followers. I paid $5. for a post to be boosted and it went out to about 1,300 people's news streams. Of course, I don't want to spend that every day.
2. The more people that "engage" with you on each post is important. The more people like, share or comment the more Facebook will see you as important and then show your posts to more people. YAY.
Some people are excellent at this. By asking questions like "What is your favorite color?" they are getting people to engage... more engagement means more of your posts are shown in your followers newsfeeds.
3. Here is something I learned in one of the Facebook groups I belong to. When posting to Facebook with a link and a picture, the "reach" is minimal ... see below.
I did a post on Mouth Watering Desserts in Mugs. I added a picture and a link in the post. This post was seen by a measly 89 people.
This post asked a question pertaining to the blog post I did... no link, no picture. Just a question. Then I posted it. In the "comment" section there is a little tiny camera over to the right. Click on that and go into your files to pick up a picture. Then there is a place to "write a comment". This is where you can say a few words and leave your link. Here is another screenshot.
In this picture I asked the question: "I usually give flowers for Mother's Day. What do you normally give for Mother's Day?"
I posted this and immediately left a comment with a picture and a link. I had 309 viewers for this post. It's a least 3 times more if I don't leave a link or a picture on the original post. I asked a question also. For some reason Facebook likes to show questions. Beats me as to the reason for that!
Try this for yourself. If you are one of those people who get terrific engagement with hundred of comments, likes, and shares, then this post will probably not help you because you don't need help. Facebook will show your posts to many, many people. If you are like the rest of us with a truly dismal reach you will find a way to increase that substantially if you try this method.
Have a great weekend,
Update June 2014: Two more important strategies..
1. Share other people's Facebook page. Facebook loves that.
2. Share viral Facebook posts. When I shared a post that was viral, I reached over 2,700 people. Wow. (The question that went viral? - Write the title of a movie and remove one word and replace it with the word "bacon". It was quite fun.) I had lots of interaction with this post which is good at any time on Facebook. Want to see some of the fun titles? It's hysterical. Can YOU think of any movie titles and put in the word "bacon". Here is the post if you want to check out some of the "bacon" movies. Snort. https://www.facebook.com/TwoSucculentSistersCrafts/posts/506306479469555
Oh, and I'd love to have you "like" my Facebook page.
Leave a comment and I'll "like" you back!