10 Ways to Make Your Home Smell Wonderful
Everyone wants their home to smell good. I know I do! I like candles but you can't have a candle burning all the time which brings me to these 10 brilliant ways to keep your home smelling heavenly.
1. These gel air fresheners from Homespun with Love can make any area smell better. It's very easy.
Recipe for Gel Air Fresheners
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 5 or 6 drops of your essential oil - more if you want a stronger scent (original recipe called for 20 - 30 drops)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- food coloring
Sprinkle the gelatin over the boiling water and stir until smooth and all the gelatin is dissolved. Add the food coloring and essential oils and stir. Pour into containers.
When it's cool place wherever you would like some heavenly aroma! Enjoy.
3.How about placing a few drops of essential oils inside the toilet paper roll? That will keep your bathroom smelling fresh!!
4. I love the smell of citrus so I make all natural citrus soaps. I showed how I make these soaps in my post Natural Citrus Soaps. I use essential oils and the zest from oranges, lemons, and grapefruit for fragrance in these soaps. Aren't they cute? I used and old candy box plastic insert... and made little citrus soaps...
5. How to make scented wax tarts... these are so cute. They are little candles, basically, without a wick and they just emanate whatever scent you want. All natural, of course.
6. How to make shower steamers - these are little shower "bombs" that you put in the shower but not in direct path of the water. They sit in a corner and kind of "STEAM" themselves to .. whatever heavenly scent you put in them. I haven't tried these but I'll bet they make the bathroom and whole house smell wonderful! Easy, easy easy...
7. DIY Natural Room Scents at The Yummy Life (what a cute name)! There is a lot of information on this site about how to put 5 different recipes together and how to make them up ahead of time and preserve them. Nice, interesting article. Beautiful pictures, too.
8. DIY Potpourri with Dried Flowers - she has a tutorial on how to make a potpourri in a bowl. Think how nice that would smell in a room?
9. Make a Scented Orange Decoration - no one will know where the lovely scent is coming from!!
10. This girl has an interesting tutorial on How to Use Oils to Scent Wood! I guess if you want to scent your furniture this is the place to find out how!
Last year my daughter made an herbal wreath for the door. She said she kept getting the subtle scents every time she went by it. Fresh, clean scents..
Want your home to smell like a cup of vanilla coffee? Place a vanilla scented candle in a bowl of coffee beans! Mmmm....
I hope that I have given you some unique and interesting ways to keep your home smelling heavenly!
I had fun making the gel air fresheners and what about that William Sonoma scent? Awesome, isn't it?
Savvy Southern Style
Rae Gun Ramblings